Here are a few ideas, suggestions & guidelines:
- The most important, choose outfits that are comfortable & that make you feel good.
- Outfit changes are welcomed, and they give variety to the pictures.
- Beware of logos & patterns as they might distract from the truly important aspect of the pictures: you!
- Coordinate your outfits, but don’t wear the exact same thing. Stick to the same color family or complementary tones. (Look coordinated, not matching)
- Keep in mind that darker colors are slimming & also a little easier to photograph.
- Give your shoes as much attention as your shirt. They will be in the pictures and may even be highlighted in a few. Heels are great with jeans, pants, or skirts, if you are comfortable in them.
- Consider having your hair & makeup done on the day of the Engagement Photo Session to “test” how it might look in photographs on your wedding day.
- Wear something that you feel defines your personal style.
- Accessorize with your favorite jewelry, scarves, hats, belts, shoes & sunglasses. (However, avoid large distracting accessories)
- Be as formal or as casual as you like.
- Dogs are welcome! If you would like to have your dog in some of the photos, it would be best to have a friend come along to watch him/her while we are taking other shots.
Other things to remember:
- Plan on having a great time. Think of it more like a date, and less of smiling to the camera.